Monday, February 20, 2012

A View of a Room

A picture post, mostly. Since space is pretty limited here, so are the rooms. My room is 6x8ft, enough room for a bed, desk, closet and drawers. Some of the folks who have more ice time get twice the space. I actually like my room and am getting settled in pretty well. I've got one of the inner rooms in A1, on the second floor. It's a prime location, right across from the mess hall. 

This is everything I brought with me from home, plus most of my ECW gear, in the orange bags.

Some of me ECW gear. I've been using the Carhartt jacket more than the parka because it is less bulky and it keeps me warm enough for the short walks to and from Cryo. 

Turn around and it's the rest of my room.

Caitlin and Kikkan both survived the trip. So did the book and card the Central skiers made for me.

My walkie, set to Science. Antarctica's answer to the cell phone.

Next post is going to be a Q&A, so if you've got questions, post 'em in the comment section. I'll get some more substantive posts up soon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment